GENERATOR SETS WITH COMBINED HEAT AND POWER (CHP)
More than double the energy used to generate electricity is wasted in the form of heat discharged to the atmosphere.
CHP is on-site electricity generation that captures the heat that would otherwise be wasted to provide useful thermal energy – such as steam or hot water. Steam and hot water can be used for several processes such as space heating, cooling, domestic hot water and industrial processes. Through waste heat recovery a total energy efficiency up to 91%, can be achieved compared to 42% of conventional technologies where only electric power is generated.
Typical CHP applications are:
- Industrial – chemical, refining, pulp and paper, biogas, printing, food processing, glass manufacturing, drying plants, RDF gas
- Commercial Buildings – hotels, health clubs, nursing homes, office buildings
- Residential – apartments, planned communities, housing developments
- Institutions – hospitals, prisons, colleges, schools
- Municipal – district energy systems, wastewater treatment facilities
The ENERGIN CHP units are co-generation generators with highly efficient heat recovery from the jacket water and exhaust gas of the engine. The units are compact and easy to install. All the components such as the drive unit, heat exchangers, pumps, silencers, controls and switchgear are mounted on a common frame and completely assembled.
- Electric power range 115 – 500 kW
- Thermal power range 165 – 657 kW
- Heat recovery increases overall efficiency from 42 % to 91%
- Compact design
- Low noise option <70 dB(A)
- Download ENERGIN CHP Brochure
ENERGIN PPT Power Plants up to 25MW
ENERGIN PPT are power plants constructed by parallel installation of 4-50 ENERGIN generator sets. A combined rated power of 2 – 25 MW is therefore possible. The use of standardized generator sets offers many advantages over plants with fewer, but larger engines.
- High flexible power supply
- Higher availability
- Fast & easy installation
- Reduced spare parts cost
- Shorter overhaul downtimes
- Smaller installation footprint
Download PPT Brochure